Tee-Ball is an instructional level of baseball. It is for players age 4 – 6 years old. Most players play Tee-Ball for 1-2 years before moving up. The ball is hit off of a tee using a tee ball bat. The ball, is similar in size to a regulation baseball but is just a touch softer than a regulation baseball.
The Tee-Ball season kicks off at Opening Ceremonies the last Saturday in April. (Practices will begin approximately two – three weeks before their first game, weather permitting) The players then play an average of two games per week (working around Memorial Day) for a total of 10-12 games. At the end of their season the Tee-Ball players will participate in a Tee-Ball tournament which is a single elimination tournament that lasts for approximately a week. The Tee-Ball Tournament Finals will be after closing ceremonies which will be held on approximately the last Saturday in June.
A tee shirt and hat will be provided. Players should check with their coach for the color of baseball pants they will need. Players can wear regular tennis shoes or cleats. (Plastic spikes only)
- Players need to have a glove
Tees & Balls
- Pleasant Hill Little League will provide the tees and the balls
- Players at the Tee Ball level are encouraged to provide their own bats
- Pleasant Hill Little League will provide the coaches with 2-4 bats for players to use but especially by their 2nd year in Tee Ball it is usually more helpful for the player to work on their swing using a consistent bat
- Bats for Tee Ball need to be metal/alloy
- Bats need to be shorter than 33 inches
- Bats need to be no more than 2 1/4 inches in diameter
- Because of safety regulations, Pleasant Hill Little League is required to provide batting helmets
- If your player would like to bring their own for hygiene, better fit or other reasons they are encouraged to do so