Pee Wee is a second level instructional division of baseball. This division is for players 6 years old who have played at least one year of tee ball and players 7-8 years old. The players pitch for the first two innings and then the coach pitches for the remainder of the game. The Pee Wee division uses a regulation Little League baseball.
The Pee Wee season will begin around the second week of April. (Practices will begin approximately two – three weeks before their first game, weather permitting) The players then play an average of two games per week (working around Memorial Day) for a total of 10-12 games. At the end of their season the Pee Wee team may choose to participate in one of two tournaments, the Tournament of Champions or Rally Days. These two tournaments are generally held the last two weeks of June. Closing ceremonies will be held on approximately the last Saturday in June.
A tee shirt and hat will be provided. Players should check with their coach for the color of baseball pants they will need. Players will need cleats. (Plastic spikes only)
- Players need to have a glove
- Pleasant Hill Little League will provide the balls for practice and games
- Players at the Pee Wee level should provide their own bats
- Pleasant Hill Little League will provide the coaches with 2-3 bats for players to use but it is much more helpful for the player to work on their swing using a consistent bat
- Bats for Pee Wee need to be metal/alloy
- Bats need to be shorter than 33 inches
- Bats need to be no more than 2 1/4 inches in diameter
- Because of safety regulations, Pleasant Hill Little League is required to provide batting helmets
- Your player is encouraged at the Pee Wee Level to provide their own batting helmet to provide for a better fit