Minors is the first competitive division of baseball. This division is for players age 9-10 years old. This is the first division where the players pitch for the entire game. The Minor division uses a regulation Little League baseball.
The Minor season will begin around the second week of April. (Practices will begin approximately two – three weeks before their first game, weather permitting) The players then play an average of two games per week (working around Memorial Day) for a total of 10-12 games. At the end of their season the Minor team may choose to participate in one of two tournaments, the Tournament of Champions or Rally Days. These two tournaments are generally held the last two weeks of June. Closing ceremonies will be held on approximately the last Saturday in June.
The Minor division is the first division in Pleasant Hill Little League where players become eligible for all-stars. At the end of the season the coaches will nominate kids from their team that they feel are ready for All-star play. Pleasant Hill Little League combines with Southeast Polk Little League for All-star teams so representatives from both leagues will meet and decide which kids will be on the All-star team. If picked for All-stars the player will be expected to be available for practices and games from late June through mid to late July (depending on how far they get in the tournament).
A tee shirt and hat will be provided. Players should check with their coach for the color of baseball pants they will need. Players will need cleats. (Plastic spikes only)
- Players are required to have a glove
- Pleasant Hill Little League will provide the balls for practice and games
- Players at the Minor level should provide their own bats
- Pleasant Hill Little League will provide the coaches with 2-3 bats for players to use but it is much more helpful for the player to work on their swing using a consistent bat
- Bats for Minors need to be metal/alloy
- Bats need to be shorter than 33 inches
- Bats need to be no more than 2 1/4 inches in diameter
- At the Minor Level the player should provide their own batting helmet to provide for a better fit
- Because of safety regulations, Pleasant Hill Little League is required to provide batting helmets in case a player forgets theirs